Three Peas in a Pod...
Sunday, September 03, 2006
  Roll Call continues!


Yes, I am putting this entry back at the top of my blog! Those who have already written a comment here, thank you so very much! It has been fun to get to hear who you are! Some of you also have blogs and I have enjoyed getting to see them! (Hope you don't mind that I added them onto the side-bar of my own blog. The side-bar is just such a handy place for ME to keep track of the blogs that I want to follow...rather than trying to remember the addresses or having to go through my "favorites" drop down menu (which is WAY, WAY too cluttered up)!

If you read this blog and you haven't commented yet on this entry, please do so!

THANKS!!!!



(I snapped this photo today. All of our squirrels around here are red, except for this one. We have enjoyed watching this particular squirrel the past three years. At times, during the year, he looks almost ALL black except for his tail. He always looks, at least, like his little head and all four legs got dipped in chocolate! He is a pretty smart little guy. Most squirrels around our yard become dog snacks, but he has reached the ripe old age of three so far. I hope the dogs never catch him.)
 
Comments:
Hi, I guess I'll be first to leave a comment here. I'm a teacher up in Inuvik, Northwest Territories, Canada -- WAY up there! Have been up here for three years now, beginning my fourth teaching year this fall. Originally from Vancouver. Started reading your blog about two months ago, when I stumbled upon it by randomly clicking "next blog" on Blogger. It's of interest to me for several reasons: I'm of Chinese descent, and have always been interested what "culture" really means, and how cultural identity develops in individuals. Also, I've been considering fostering Aboriginal children up here. And, I know that if and when the time comes for me to have children of my own, I would most likely look into adoption. I have loved reading about Darcy, Doug, and Rayna, and have been particularly intrigued by your posts on your family trip up to Canada. You have beautiful children!!
 
Yes! we love reading the stories (but sometimes mom and dad get to tell us first) I still think Monica and Lynne need to write and illustrate a children's book. We love you!! (poor 'uncle jean')
 
I love reading your blogspot--I would wish to be young enough to do those same things with my kids--since I'm not, I live vicariously, right? I'm with Jan---I may read it on the blog but grandma and grandpa C.like to tell the stories, too---so I get to hear the stories (sometimes), too. If they don't remember a certain story, I can then help by jogging their memory. I also like when you talk about your work because I then can remember why the "good old days" may not have been so good--love aunt donna
 
ANd here comes old Granny #2! What better way to keep up with the grandchildren than to read the kids' blogs! I check them every night--it gives me a chuckle enjoy before I go to sleep for the night! Thanks for being so consistant. You really do do well getting stuff on even with all that you seem to be doing. Love reading the blog!--
 
Hi there! We are adopting our daughter Jaiden from Tonggu, China and will hopefully travel soon.

You have a great blog and I enjoy reading your updates. You have a beautiful family!
 
Hi, I just came across your blog from a link on another blog, Kleins in Germany perhaps? Just wanted to say hello and that your children are beautiful!
 
You know I do, too!
 
Hi. As instructed, I'm reporting in. I check the blog numerouse times thoughout the day. It gives me a feeling of connection to you guys while I'm at work.
 
Hi there! I'm Melissa and I'm adopting from China (LID 10/31/05). I've been reading your blog for awhile now and am tickled you've added me to yours, too! :)

Melissa
 
Thank you EVERYONE who took time to leave a comment!!! It has been a lot of fun "meeting" new folks and, of course, it is always good to hear from the "old" folks!

~Monica
 
Hi. First time reader, first time commenting. I noticed your daughter is from Jiangxi province, as our daughter is. I've enjoyed your posts so far and look forward to reading more.
 
Fantastic blog! I have been all over it. You write very well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on my blog the other day. I know that the sighing will continue all my life but I am pleased that the frequency will be less when I finally have my babies.
 
Oh, I forgot to inroduce myself. I am Francesca (Fran-chess-kaa) but mostly known as Frances or Fran. I am Puertorriqueña (Puerto Rican) and live in Georgia since I was a child. So, I am more so Georgiariqueña as I like arroz con Country Fried Chicken rather than traditional arroz con pollo...lol... My husband and I are both I.T. professionals and have been going through the process of adoption since October last year, starting with China adoption and eventually deciding on domestic adoption a few months ago. We're still working on getting our Homestudy report complete as we've recently in the last few months gone through some changes in our family dynamics going from custodial to noncustodial step-mom to my DH's only son. I appreciate your interest in my journey and thank you for sharing yours.

May you stay blessed,

Fran
a southern bella
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Pictures and stories of the day to day life of Darcy (born in LinChuan of JiangXi Province in China almost eleven years ago), of Doug (born in Kaohsiung City in Taiwan almost eight years ago), and of Rayna (born in DingYuan of AnHui Province in China four and a half years ago)...



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Dublinlin. Make your own badge here.













  • Annika is my niece. She was born with bilary atresia and had to have her first major surgery at the age of 6 weeks. Just before she turned a year old, she had to have a liver transplant. Two and a half months later, she had to have a second transplant. Now, five years old, she needs a third transplant and her family's insurance is nearly maxed out so a COTA fund has been established to raise the money needed.
    (Please click on the little bear button above to donate to her COTA account or to view the raffles and other projects that are in progress to build the fund. If you have crafts, etc, that you could donate to be sold/raffled, this would also help greatly!)













  • ARCHIVES
    May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 /






    There is but one beautiful child in the world...and every mother has that child.
    ~Traditional Chinese Proverb ...we've been blessed with three!







    ...I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.
    ~Isaiah 43:5
     




    e-mail us at:
    dublinlin@hotmail.com





    Powered by Blogger