Creative Language...
Today, for the forty billionth time, I accidentally called Rayna 'Darcy'. Rayna exclaimed, "MOM! You called me "DARCY"!". I apologized and she quickly replied, "It's okay, Mom. It doesn't mind with me!" (Translation: It doesn't matter to me...OR: I don't mind.)
Later, she was sorting through her candy haul from today's pinata (at Mahaffie) and I overheard her telling her siblings she had a "Peanut-butter-scott candy". That is one flavor I, myself, have never run across before!
A little later, as we were walking through the Great Plains Mall, Doug sniffed and exclaimed excitedly, "I smell deep water, Mom!" (He evidentally thought he could smell a swimming pool!) It is so rare that HE comes out with a complete sentence, that each one seems memorable...but this one struck me as just plain funny!
After that, we had supper at Jack Stack's BBQ (really good!)... Rayna was drawing with her crayons on the children's menu. Presently, she motioned for me to watch her and she proudly proclaimed, "This is how you draw a BIG 'I'" (printed an upper case "I"), "and, this is how you draw a LITTLE KID'S 'i'!" (as she printed a lower case "i"!). I guess when she tried logging the phrase "lower case" in her memory, it turned into the much more sensible "little kid"!
All of which reminds me of something she said the last time we ate out... She had some baked apples on her plate. After her first tenative bite, she exclaimed, "These are delicious! They taste just like peach smell!"