Three Peas in a Pod...
Monday, May 15, 2006
  Post-it-Notes...
Several years ago I happened across some writings that captivated me. The blog was in Spanish, so I could only guess at its content, but I was drawn to it... The site was so clean and elegant and melancholically moody with its vivid black background simply framing beautiful black and white photos. The pictures were even more enigmatic than the lovely cadence of the words I could speak but not comprehend. I have gone back to that site from time to time. Today, I discovered that my computer TRANSLATES web pages with just a right click of my mouse! Eager to put this new discovery to the test, I went back to that beautiful site that I have watched from afar. Of course, translating word by word isn't a very accurate method...yet, the results are captivating! The site is still enigmatic...even "translated".

I have enjoyed this blog site (passed on to me by my eldest daughter)....yet, sometimes I wistfully wish it was more than a place to post-it-note little bits and photos about my children.

But, then something happens to jar me back to the nuts and bolts of my life...the life that is made up more of post-it-notes than of concertos. I had just such a moment as I was typing the above sentence. Darcy came downstairs and looked with wide eyes at the bowl next to my computer. I have been surfing today...and, horrible as it is, I have been eating BBQ chicken wings as I surf. (Yes....new laptop meets BBQ fingers....but, really, I am quite concientious to lick my fingers thoroughly before resuming my grip on the mouse.) I had one bowl of chicken wings, then asked Darcy to clear her and her sister's dishes off the opposite end of the table (where they had been eating while I was engrossed in my computer). She cleared MY bowl too. A few minutes after she and Rayna had disappeared upstairs, I decided that, actually four chicken wings weren't quite enough and that I would have four more. I don't believe in getting out a new bowl for every serving...our home is not a restaurant buffet....so, I retrieved from the counter the bowl I had had my first serving in. Darcy had removed the earlier chicken bones from it. I filled it up again, heated my wings in the microwave, and continued my eating/surfing. A few moments after I had licked up the last drop of BBQ sauce, Darcy wandered back into the room and as her gaze fell upon my bowl filled with new chicken wing bones, she got rather a wide-eyed, ill look on her face. Then she cautiously mentioned to me, "Mom....you weren't suppose to EAT out of that bowl again. I let the dogs lick it clean when I took your first set of bones out!" That is my life.... clicking away on the computer between licking BBQ sauce off my fingers....and finding out after the fact that I have eaten from a bowl the dogs have licked!

My life is not composed of concertos so much as it is chronicled by post-it-notes! That is my own private enigma. A mystery as elusive to me as the lovely Spanish words beneath the intriguing portraits of simple black and white.
 
Comments:
this started out so poetic!!!
I think someone may need to get off the computer!(but then, I can't even get anyone here to lighten up on that)
 
Well, Jan...
It is you folks down there that GOT ME STARTED on the computer!!! I was computer-free and computer-ignorant before your family's influence changed me!!!
~Monica
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Pictures and stories of the day to day life of Darcy (born in LinChuan of JiangXi Province in China almost eleven years ago), of Doug (born in Kaohsiung City in Taiwan almost eight years ago), and of Rayna (born in DingYuan of AnHui Province in China four and a half years ago)...



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Dublinlin. Make your own badge here.













  • Annika is my niece. She was born with bilary atresia and had to have her first major surgery at the age of 6 weeks. Just before she turned a year old, she had to have a liver transplant. Two and a half months later, she had to have a second transplant. Now, five years old, she needs a third transplant and her family's insurance is nearly maxed out so a COTA fund has been established to raise the money needed.
    (Please click on the little bear button above to donate to her COTA account or to view the raffles and other projects that are in progress to build the fund. If you have crafts, etc, that you could donate to be sold/raffled, this would also help greatly!)













  • ARCHIVES
    May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 /






    There is but one beautiful child in the world...and every mother has that child.
    ~Traditional Chinese Proverb ...we've been blessed with three!







    ...I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.
    ~Isaiah 43:5
     




    e-mail us at:
    dublinlin@hotmail.com





    Powered by Blogger